Once completed this paper project will result in a free standing three dimensional manger scene. The stable will be 4.5" (11 cm) in length, 2.5" (6 cm) in width and 2.8" (7 cm) tall.
This paper craft project is intended for children of all ages. Kids under the age of 8 will require some help in the construction of the manger scene. Please read all the instructions carefully before starting this project.
INSTRUCTIONS & Things you will need:
Step by Step 3D Christmas Manger Scene Project Instructions:
1) Before attempting to print, make sure that you have set all the margins at zero using the print page setup option of your browser.
2) Click on each the following and print each page.
3) Color the exterior of the stable. Use your imagination.
4) Color the different figures.
5) Cut out carefully each character.
6) Cut out carefully the stable. Cut out VERY CAREFULLY the zones on the stables with the phrase "REMOVE". (For example, the window should be cut out.) Do not cut the bottom wood beams on the manger. These are there for ensuring a solid structural frame for the manger.
7) Color the interior of the stables. Use your imagination. Don't be afraid. For the interior, you may draw in piles of straw, wooden beams, some small animals (birds, mice, etc.), blankets, etc.
8) Fold the taps and stable along folding lines (lines with white dots).
9) Paste manger scene stable together making sure that all walls are perfectly aligned.
10) Fold taps of characters and trees.
11) Paste the donkey and bull on the interior back wall of the stable.
12) Paste the angel in the center of the front top beam of the stable.
13) Paste the star on top of the straw. Paste the straw in the middle of the back exterior of the stable.
14) Optional: The palm trees: Color them and then cut them out carefully. Paste together the front and back of each tree. Paste palm tree #1 on the left corner of the back exterior wall of the stable. Paste palm tree #2 on the right corner of the back exterior wall of the stable.
15) Take a sheet of cardboard or paper and decide where on it you will place the manger scene. Then draw a road to the stable, sand, rocks and some bushes on the sheet.
16) Place manger scene on cardboard sheet. You can use a couple pieces of scotch tape to anchor the scene in place.
17) Place the characters (Mary, Joseph and Jesus) inside the stable. Place the another characters on the outside of the Christmas stable.
18) The manger scene is finished and all you have to do is put it in your room.